Chronic Constipation: Pearls and Pitfalls Recorded Webinar
Recorded On: 11/19/2019
Overview: Jeanetta L W Frye, MD presents "Chronic Constipation: Pearls and Pitfalls" on behalf of SGNA.
Review of common causes, evaluation and management of chronic constipation.
At the conclusion of this presentation, the participants will be able to:
1. Reviewing what questions we should be asking our patients about constipation.
2. Discuss how we as gastroenterologist are actually using OTC meds for constipation.
3. Review the importance of a good DRE in evaluation of constipation.
4. Discuss functional defecation disorders.
5. Describe the use and interpretation of HR-ARM, BET and biofeedback and evaluation and treatment of constipation.
The Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates, Inc., is accredited as a provider of Continuing Nursing Education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. This course is worth 1.0 contact hour(s). Contact hour(s) expire on 11/19/2022.
SGNA is provider-approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 11579. Check with your state board of nursing for acceptability of education sessions for re-licensure.
ABCGN: According to the criteria of the American Board of Certification for Gastroenterology Nurses (ABCGN), 1.0 hour(s) earned in this activity are considered GI Specific for the purpose of recertification by contact hours through the ABCGN.
CBSPD: According to the criteria of the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution, Inc. (CBSPD), 1 contact hour(s) earned in this activity are considered approved.
IAHCSMM: According to the criteria of the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM), 1 hour(s) earned in this activity are considered approved.
NOTE: Registration for this product expires after 30 days.