How to be Prepared and Successful for Endoscopy Unit Survey Accreditation Recorded Webinar
Recorded On: 03/18/2019
Overview: Angela Kranich, BSN, RN presents on how to be prepared and successful for endoscopy unit survey accreditation.
At the conclusion of this presentation, the participants will be able to:
• Describe how Accreditation differs from Licensure or Certification
• Describe Joint Commission scoring changes regarding endoscope hang time
• List 3 ways to prepare the GI environment for a survey
• Identify 3 items to focus on when rounding on high level disinfection
• Identify strategy to help staff complete high risk/low volume skills
• List 3 tips for interacting with surveyor
• List strategies to always stay survey ready
The Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates, Inc., is accredited as a provider of Continuing Nursing Education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. This course is worth 1.0 contact hour(s). Contact hour(s) expire on 3/19/2022.
SGNA is provider-approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 11579. Check with your state board of nursing for acceptability of education sessions for re-licensure.
ABCGN: According to the criteria of the American Board of Certification for Gastroenterology Nurses (ABCGN), 1.0 hour(s) earned in this activity are considered GI Specific for the purpose of recertification by contact hours through the ABCGN.
CBSPD: According to the criteria of the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution, Inc. (CBSPD), 1 contact hour(s) earned in this activity are considered approved.
IAHCSMM: According to the criteria of the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM), 1 hour(s) earned in this activity are considered approved.
NOTE: Registration for this product expires after 30 days.