Standards of Infection Prevention in Reprocessing of Flexible Gastrointestinal Endoscopes Recorded Webinar
Recorded On: 02/20/2019
Overview: Midolie Loyola MSN RN CGRN presents on Standards of Infection Prevention in Reprocessing of Flexible Gastrointestinal Endoscopes..
At the conclusion of this presentation, the participants will be able to:
• Explain why endoscope reprocessing is under scrutiny.
• Describe the literature recommendations to improve the HLD process.
• Explain factors influencing effective reprocessing.
• Explain the expectations of the reprocessing staff and leadership to ensure reprocessing safety.
• Explain the importance of quality assurance in endoscope reprocessing. Review SGNA’s reprocessing protocol.
The Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates, Inc., is accredited as a provider of Continuing Nursing Education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. This course is worth 1.0 contact hour(s). Contact hour(s) expire on 2/21/2022.
SGNA is provider-approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 11579. Check with your state board of nursing for acceptability of education sessions for re-licensure.
ABCGN: According to the criteria of the American Board of Certification for Gastroenterology Nurses (ABCGN), 1.0 hour(s) earned in this activity are considered GI Specific for the purpose of recertification by contact hours through the ABCGN.
CBSPD: According to the criteria of the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution, Inc. (CBSPD), 1 contact hour(s) earned in this activity are considered approved.
IAHCSMM: According to the criteria of the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM), 1 hour(s) earned in this activity are considered approved.
NOTE: Registration for this product expires after 30 days.